ToolWindow TabTintColor

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Michael Fooks - Software Engineer, Automated Positioning Systems
Version: 9.1.0505
Hi,

I need to be able to set the TabTintColor via code. However, if I execute "TabTintColor = Colors.Red;" the Tab color does not change untill I move my mouse over the Tab. I have tried calling InvalidateVisual and this does not work either. Does anyone know how I can force the Tab to invalidate?

Thanks heaps.

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

This depends on which theme/Operating system you are using. The tinting does not work on certain brushes. For example, Colors.White when tinted toward any color will remain white. Also, Transparent and Black will always remain the same.

The tabs have three brushes: normal, hover, and selected. Each of which may or may not work with tinting. For example, the Office 2007 Black theme uses a Transparent brush by default for the normal state of tool window tabs. So in this case you would not see tinting until the tab is selected or hovered.

You can explicitly set the TabBackgroundNormal/Hover/Selected properties to a color that is tintable in those cases.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Michael Fooks - Software Engineer, Automated Positioning Systems
The problem is that I need for the selected window to have a green tab. But TabBackgroundSelected seems to be managed by TabbedMdiContainer. This means that if a docksite has two TabbedMdiContainers I could have two green tabs; but only one tab has the focus.

I have tried managing the TabBackgroundSelected property in the window activate\deactivate event but it does not invalidate.

How can I get just the selected tab to display green? Any idea?
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

I'm sorry, I was looking at the ToolWindow tabs when docked (not the document tabs). I was able to repro the issue you are seeing and have fixed it for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.