DropDown Orientation for DataGrid Interoperability

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Scott Currie
Version: 9.1.0505
I am hosting a DataGrid inside an Excel TaskPane using VSTO. One of my DataGrid columns is using the DataGridColorColumn. Unfortunately, there is a well-know but where drop down and context menus that extend outside of the bounds of a TaskPane will have their clicks swallowed. That is, only the portion of the dropdown rendered over the main control is actually interactive.

The workaround for this is normally to orient your dropdowns so that they always render over the parent control. How can I do this with DataGridColorColumn? It seems to prefer lining up with the left-hand side of the column by default. I need to force it to the left.

Thanks,
-Scott

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Scott,

At the end you mention that you the popop is on the left and that you need it on the left. I'm assuming you need to align the popup on a different side?

The popup is set to align to the Bottom side of the PartEditBox. We can expose a property to allow you to set the Placement, but I'm not sure this would correct the issue for you. Popup placement is just a "hint" and the Popups will automatically move if it falls off the screen.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.