sort order defined in attributes

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Rick Edwards - UK
Version: 9.1.0505
Hi all,

I've got a set of properties on an object and I want to define the order they appear in the property grid irrespective of property display name (they need to maintain the same order when the name is translated). I'm thinking it would be good if we could define display order as an attribute on the property. Is there a current way to do this? We are already using a custom data factory and custom property data accessor objects so we can extend these.

There was some mention of supporting this type of behaviour after the version 5 release on another thread, any news on that? Ideally we'd like to establish display order in code and not through XAML and attributes fit well with code generation techniques hence the interest in pursuing this approach.

Any pointers would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rick,

That item is still on our TODO list, but you can still apply your own sorting. This forum post shows how one user sorted properties in his custom DataFactory using a custom Attribute. Just be sure to update the PropertyGrid.SortDescriptions as described at the end of the post.

Hope this helps.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.