Icons for DocumentWindow's and WindowControls

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Art Grand
How do I add an icon to the titlebars of DocumentWindows and WindowControls? For Documeent Windows, I tried setting DockingWindow.ImageSource, but it didn't help. For WindowControls I can't find a property that does this.

Thanks

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Art,

That feature was added in 2009.1 build 0503, so if you are using an earlier version then you would need to upgrade.

For DocumentWindows shown in a standard MDI, you simply need to set the ImageSource property. If you are setting this and it's not working, then please send over a small sample project the reproduces the issue to our support address.

The WindowControl mimics the native WPF Window properties, so here the property is named Icon. Additionally, there is a HasIcon property which you can use to hide the icon.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Roger Rong
I am using Version 2010.1 build 0521. The document window ImageSource property has been set to an image, but no icon displayed next to the window title, however, the icon is displayed when clicking the "Ctl-Tab" to pop up the switch window or clicking the "Active Files" button in the right-up conner of the work space.

Is this a bug or I missed out anything?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Roger,

If you mean within the tabs in tabbed MDI, there is an option on TabbedMdiHost for this called IsImageOnTab that you can set to true to enable this functionality.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Roger Rong
Thanks. That is excatly what I am after.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.