Silverlight and SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Mohan Taneja
Version: 9.1.0507
Is there a way to use Syntax Editor services in Silverlight 2.0 or 3.0(not WPF)?

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mohan,

While we don't yet have a Silverlight version publicly available, we are developing one. It uses a large subset of the WPF version's object model, so they are code compatible.

Check out this blog post and its comments for some details:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=747ec3f9-0026-4a0a-a470-1c9aa8fcf4b4

Also keep an eye on our blog as we'll be posting there with more info on the Silverlight version in the future.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andrew Thompson
Hi there,

I was just searching for a syntax highlighting Python-script control in WPF and found this site - looks like a great control! I would also be interested in a silverlight edition - if possible with a compatible API to the WPF edition.

It is becoming more common to develop dual-deployed applications targeting both WPF and silverlight (perhaps with a subset of features on SL). The technique to do this is use some pattern like MVVM and separate out the View to be as thin as possible, then duplicate only the view code (Xaml & code-behind). The Vm's and other business logic code is added to the WPF project as a link so it can be compiled twice.

I'm sure you know that already! Just saying that if Actipro does decide to persue silverlight components then please try to get the API in both WPF/SL as common as possible as this will ease this process.

Another control set that does this (the only one actually) is telerik's rad controls. I am considering buying this set as I am interested in Ribbon, Docking, Treeview and GridView controls in both silverlight and WPF. However its mighty expensive. So if Actipro did say manage to release "Silverlight Bundle" with a compatible API to the WPF you could count me in as a customer for both! :D
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andrew,

Our top priority right now is getting WPF Studio 2010.1 in the next couple weeks. Then we are going to finish off our first Silverlight Studio version and get that out with a beta of SyntaxEditor and a new control. All new products we make going forward will be as code compatible between WPF and Silverlight as possible. SyntaxEditor and our other upcoming Silverlight product both share codebases with the WPF version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andrew Thompson
Sounds great, I look forward to the first Silverlight releases!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.