Posted 19 years ago by kelleyma49
I'm currently evaluating SyntaxEditor for our company's custom language.

I'm trying to dynamically update the intellipromptmemberlist (i.e. culling out symbols based on what the user is currently typing) by adding entries to the member list while the intelliprompt member list is displayed, but I get this exception:

Additional information: The IntelliPrompt member list cannot be modified while it is displayed.

I also want to remove items in the list, but there's no remove function in IntelliPromptMemberList.

What's the recommended procedure for dynamically updating the member list?

Also, I need to just depoly intelliprompt member lists when the user types any key (since our language just has global functions.) I've added a key trigger for each key press (a-z and A-Z) This works, except it keeps the first letter that the user types. What's the recommended way to make sure it doesn't keep that first character?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by kelleyma49
nevermind - using the overload of IntellipromptMemberList.Show() that takes the offset and length values solved both of my problems since I just abort, clear and dynamically rebuild the member list for every valid keypress. Cool!
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually in build 158, we removed the restriction where you can't update the list while it is displayed. You can download it from our web site. But glad you got it working the other way anyhow.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.