Do the reflectoring (what the Factory does) on (my) demand?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Benjamin Schroeter
Version: 9.1.0507
I have some performance issues when showing a large object (= many properties) in the PropertyGrid.

One enhancement for me could be, doing the reflectoring and retrieving of properties not when the grid is shown in my application but in the background. I can create the grid in memory without puting it in my visual tree, but the retrieving of properties only happens when it becomes visible.
Can I call some method on the grid object to force it to load all (also sub-)properties on my demand before I show it?

-- B

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Benjamin,

By default, the PropertyGrid will already perform as much work in a background thread as possible. The PropertyGrid.IsAsynchronous property controls this behavior.

The loading of the Visual objects simply leverages the native WPF ItemsControl functionality. You might consider enabling virtualization (as shown in one of the PropertyGrid QuickStarts), as this would reduce the number of visuals that need to be created during the initial load.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.