Categories sorting

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by shlomi R
Version: 9.2.0510
Hi,
I've follow this post to sort the items inside each category, and it's work fine.
But I also need to define the sort order to the categories, is there any way to do that?

[Modified at 12/24/2009 06:02 AM]

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

To sort categories, you'd need to override GetDataAccessors(object[], DataFactoryOptions) also. The base version of this method is what categorizies the properties (and calls GetProperties for each object). In your overload, you can call the base version to get the default list, then apply any sorting you want to the "IList<IDataAccessor>" returned.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

FYI, we've added a QuickStart that shows how to define and use a custom SortOrderAttribute and CategorySortOrderAttribute called "Sorting w/ Custom Attribute QuickStart".

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Zbynek Vrastil

Hello,

I'm probably blind, but no matter where I search, I'm not able to find mentioned quickstart "Sorting w/ Custom Attribute QuickStart" - can you please navigate me to this quickstart?

Thank you.

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Zbynek,

If you are using an older version, before that QuickStart was added, then you would need to upgrade. Otherwise, it is located under the PropertyGrid section of our Sample Browser. Under the QuickStarts section, which is sorted alphabetically.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Zbynek Vrastil

Thank you. I have it. For some reason, I assumed it's somewhere on the website.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.