How to dock Document Window programatically at the bottom?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Mark farnan
Version: 9.2.0511
Hi everyone,

Beforehand, I am sorry if this had been asked before as I can not found this had been asked.

I would like to ask question relating to the changes made into build 511 in which Document Window can float/raft in the while other document window in the same docksite can dock.

I found now that "MoveToNewHorizontalContainer()" method now has different effect as in previous version the method was used for moving a docked documentwindow to bottom of the docksite while still docking. However, in the new version, this only make the document window float in the bottom, and not in docking state, while the previous state was docking.

In regards of this, I am trying to find other way to dock that document window, but the only way I found to do this is using "dock()" but it will dock it into the previous dock location. I also found that tool window has "dock" method which can do this with 2 parameters, but no such parameter in docking window.

My questions are:
1. Is there any way to dock a document window to the bottom/side of another docking window programmatically similar to toolwindow?
2. Is the new MoveToNewHorizontalContainer() is working as expected by the new version, by undocking the docked window?

On the site note I have installed build 512 however it seems that build 512 does not have the documentation is updated (with recent changes etc).

[Modified at 01/18/2010 05:06 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mark,

This issue should have been resolved in build 512. If you are still seeing the issue with build 512, please let us know how to reproduce it (or send over a small sample project that produces the issue to our support address).

We don't include the recent changes made to the binaries in our documentation. Changes to the binaries can be found in our Sample Browser, under specific product's Release History item. Or you can find the complete list in our Annoucements forum.

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Support/Forums/ViewForumTopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=4512

Hope this helps.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Mark farnan
Hi,

Thank you for your information. However, I found that build 512 have issue with Partial Trust within XBAP. I have posted a bug report in new topic for this.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.