Visual Studio 2005 beta

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by dmelinosky
Any known issues with Visual Studio 2005 and the .Net 2.0 beta. I'm trying to add a DockManager to a new windows forms project and the IDE keeps hanging.

Works great in Visual Studio 2003.

[ 02-15-2005: Message edited by: dmelinosky ]

Comments (7)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I haven't tried it in the Whidbey beta yet. I'll have to check it out soon.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by dmelinosky
The new improvements in Windows.Forms offered in Whidbey plus these controls should make for some very modern interfaces. Can't wait to see it in action.
Posted 19 years ago by Matthew Lancashire - IT Ptoject manager, Rentokil Initial Ltd
Does this mean that the UIStudio controls are not compatibl ewith VS 2005/dotNET 2.0?
Run-time functionality seems to be ok but some of the designer kinks with the early betas of VS have exposed a couple issues.

VS 2005 Beta 2 is supposed to be out any day now. That is supposed to be about as stable as a final release so as soon as it's released we'll be working to make sure all our controls work fine in it and will post any necessary maintenance releases with necessary code updates.

We're just waiting on Microsoft at this point since the Beta 2 release is now overdue.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Martin Merkel
Hi,
I'm just observing a very odd behaviour when using UIStudio with Visual Studio 2005 beta 2. After following the hint I got a couple of day ago with the user control to get the docking working with the ToolStripContainer, I now add my dockmanager and a couple of tool windows to the user control. Up to that point everithing is fine, just if I add a TabStrip to the user control, I get this odd message when I exit Visual Studio:

--->

The control MyManager.WorkArea has thrown an unhandled exception in the designer and has been disabled.

Exception:
Cannot access a disposed object.
Oject name: 'TabStrip'.

Stack trace:

<---

In fact, stack trace is empty. MyManager is my project/namespace to which I added the WorkArea, which is the user control. The generated code however runs. Anybody seen something like this?

thanks, Martin
Hmmm... maybe on the Dispose method of your UserControl, dispose and remove the TabStrip from it. That way it can't be called a second time by whatever is doing that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Martin Merkel
Hmmm.. looks like it has to do with my local installation of VS2005beta2. Just tried it on another system where I don't observe the problem. I guess I just ignore it for now.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.