Posted 14 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Version: 4.0.0283
Hello,

I don't know how to make sense of this, how do you figure out if the present location of cursor is inside the round brackets and when it is outside round brackets. I use dynamiclanguage definition and definied my brackets explicitly just liek your C# language does:

<ExplicitPatternGroup Key="OpenParenthesisPatternGroup" TokenKey="OpenParenthesisToken" PatternValue="(" LookAhead="$|[^\*\.]" EndBracket="CloseParenthesisPatternGroup" />

<ExplicitPatternGroup Key="CloseParenthesisPatternGroup" TokenKey="CloseParenthesisToken" PatternValue=")" StartBracket="OpenParenthesisPatternGroup" />

I have the following options set to true:

syntaxEditor.BracketHighlightingInclusive = true;
syntaxEditor.BracketHighlightingVisible = true;

And i see that the dynamic paraser highlights the parenthesis for me, but how do i determine at all times anywhere in my code if i am inside or not of a perenthesis structure?

Regards

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nassim,

You can get a TextStream at any time to scan text like this:
TextStream stream = editor.Document.GetTextStream(editor.Caret.Offset);

The stream lets you move forward/backward by character, token, etc. Use that to determine what you are around.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Thank you ...that helped a lot! It just takes a while to get used to all the features of this tool.

Regards
Nassim
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.