Move the IntelliPromptMemberList...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Dave Conkey
Version: 4.0.0283
Right now you can show and position the IntelliPromptMemberList using the Show overloads. However, often you want to move the list without closing it. Unfortunately, if you call Show when the member list is already visible it appears to hide it then show it again. This causes a distracting flicker. Any ideas?

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Dave,

Please give more details on a scenario where you'd want to do this. Or email over a simple sample project (without any contained .exe files) showing it. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The simple scenario is as follows in c#:

//-------------
int i;

i.
//-------------

so when you press 'i' the list of objects appears in the member list and then when you press the '.' the objects member list comes up. If you try it in visual studio you should see that the member list doesn't hide and then re-appear at the '.', but simply moves over.
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately right now there isn't a way to just move it over. Even if you could there would still possibly be a flicker while ListBox data is rebuilt. The only way to get it to show in another spot as you found is to close and reopen it.

If you do your processing and build up your member list item data in a variable before closing the original list, then close the member list, then AddRange your data, then Show it right away, it will minimize the flicker.

Actipro Software Support

Can you fix the component so that if it is already shown, then Show just moves it to the specified/caret location?
Even if we did that I'm not sure it would perform any different than if you did what I suggested. The other thing is that the updated object model we're doing for member lists in the WPF version that will eventually be used in WinForms wouldn't allow a "move" anyhow because it is session-based.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.