Floating tool windows shrinking

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Daniel Navarro
Version: 9.2.0515
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows XP (64-bit)
When you move a floating tool window, dragging from the title bar, the window's width shrinks a few pixels.

You can see this problem (in my configuration at least) on any of your sample browser examples. For instace, run Sample Browser > Syntax Editor > Search - Find Results and make the EditorSearchView tool window float (then drag it repeatedly from the title bar).

I've seen this tiny bug since I started using Actipro last July, so I decided it was time for someone to post it :)

Note: This doesn't seem to happen if you change the default Theme (when I set CurrentTheme to AeroNormalColor, floating tool windows don't shrink anymore when dragged).

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Daniel,

Are you sure you are running the latest version? We ran a test with the latest code and everything seemed fine. This is something that was fixed recently though.

Actipro Software Support

I'm afraid it still happens in version 9.2.0515, I just have to run any sample (just tried Docking & MDI > Features sample, both in-line & external window - as it is in your installation) and the floating tool windows still shrink when moved. It might happen in some configs (I'm running XP 64, 6 GB, NET 4.0).
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Daniel,

We were able to reproduce it using the Classic theme, is that what you are using? Either way, this should be fixed in the 2010.1 release.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, it was with the Classic theme. Thanks!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 22 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.