Enabling Transition

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Harry Whitehouse
Version: 9.2.0515
Hi -- Newbie here! Just bought the wizard control for WPF.

The help file shows some XAML code to enable one of the stock transition schemes, but when I past that code in VS2008 complains about "shared:"

<wizard:Wizard.TransitionSelector>
<shared:MultiTransitionSelector>
<shared:BarWipeTransition />
</shared:MultiTransitionSelector>
</wizard:Wizard.TransitionSelector>

I have added two references to my solution explorer - Actipro Wizard and Actipro Shared.

I could be making a rookie mistake here so don't assume I know much<g>

Best

Harry

Comments (2)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Harry,

Take a look at some of our sample XAML files for Wizard, in particular the main demo. At the top you'll see something like "xmlns:shared=". An xmlns attribute in XML is how you define a XML namespace, in this case we are aliasing the namespace as "shared". Then that allows any controls that are in the Shared Library's dll to be referenced via "shared:" at the start.

So you do need to reference the dll's like you did but also have to add that xmlns declaration at the top of any Window/UserControl that will use custom or third party controls like ours.

You should be able to find a lot of info about how xmlns is used in XAML from within the MSDN.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Harry Whitehouse
Ah, that must be it! Many thanks!!
The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0681) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.