Ribbon Accelerator Keys not working or not supported?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 9.2.0514
Accelerator Keys in the ribbon menus don't seem to work and/or are not supported.

I'm not talking about the ribbon tip keys:

<ribbon:Button Command="local:ApplicationCommands.FileNewRtfDocument" KeyTipAccessText="R"...

those work fine. I'm talking about the accelerator key underlines. I define my command in the ApplicationCommands.cs file like so:

public static RibbonCommand ApplicationExit
{
get
{
if ((object)applicationExit == null)
applicationExit = new RibbonCommand("ApplicationExit", typeof(Ribbon), "E_xit Template Manager", null, "/TemplateMgr;component/Resources/Exit16.png");

return applicationExit;
}
}

The "x" in "Exit" is not underlined and I can not use "x" to exit unless the key tips are active. Also tried the old school "E&xit" method with no luck.

You'll see the Office 2007 ribbon supports accelerator keys in MENUS. Not in the ribbon itself. None of the ribbon style menus (drop downs, pop ups, context, application button, etc. seem to support accelerator keys.

Is this a style or is the accelerator key indicated some other way besides _ or &?

[Modified at 03/03/2010 11:39 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry this is one of the top items on our TODO list and hasn't been done yet. I'll add this post to our TODO item for it so we can let you know when it's done.

Actipro Software Support

Just wanted to let you know, we have the access text feature implemented for the upcoming WPF Studio 2010.1 release. More details here:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=90073f31-b921-47ad-b885-215d8d9d24f3

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Hi,

I have upgraded to 2010.1 and see that the fix (along with many others) is in. Thanks!

One remaining issue: You missed the fix in the footer buttons :). Adding _ manually to the text doesn't work either.
Thanks for the note, we'll have this fixed for the next build so it will work like the menu items.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.