QAT CustomizeButton Popup does not show

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Norbert Gesell
Version: 9.2.0515
Hello Support,

I have a strange effect with the QAT that suddenly appeared after I have modified some brushes:
Clicking the popup button changes the appearance according to the IsOpen state, but the popup menu simply does no longer appear :-(

Since I haven't found any callbacks that I can trace, I inspected the Ribbon with the 'mole' tool, and found that the XAML code for the popup was there.

So, please help me understand why the popup menu does not pop, and how I can get it back.

Thanks in advance,
D. Peters (member of Mr. Gesell's team)

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It's hard to say without debugging it. Can you make a simple sample project that shows the issue and email it over? Please don't include any .exe files in your ZIP. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Norbert Gesell
I know. You don't know how hard I wish I had a simple project here ;-)

But luckily I've found something myself. This turns out to be a weird XAML thing for itself:

- The malicious entry was indeed in my theming ResourceDictionary. The line was
<LinearGradientBrush PresentationOptions:Freeze="True" x:Key="{x:Static ribbonThemes:RibbonCommonDictionary.MenuItemCheckBackgroundBrushKey}" 
                         StartPoint="0,0" EndPoint="0,1" GradientStops="Transparent" themes:TintGroup.Name="RibbonControlState" />
Of course, an instruction like GradientStops="Transparent" does not make any sense at all - this can unfortunately happen simply by copy/paste of other samples.

The question remains: this line throws no exception at all at compile or run time, even if I activate all debug exceptions in VS2008. The application runs perfectly normal, except that the QAT popup simply refuses to show...

So, this issue can be closed. Maybe my conclusions may be useful in other cases.

Greetings from Nuremberg, Germany,
Detlef Peters (for Mr. Gesell)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.