Strange Drawing Anomoly

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by LTofsrud
Hello,

Our company purchased three licenses of the software and we have noticed an anomoly under Visual Studio .NET 2003.

Last night I checked in (to VSS) a form that used the Wizard component after getting it looking the way that I wanted, but when I checked it out this morning I get this "square" overlapping the top left corner of the wizard form which blocks out all of the controls underneath it.

The interesting thing is that I can get at the controls underneath the drawn square if I select it from the Properties drop down, but there are no items in the list that indicate there is something like a panel in that place (there are none on the form at all anyways) and I cannot directly click on the blocked out area to select anything.

I am a little hesitate at creating additional screens if they are all going to come out like this when I check them into SourceSafe. Has anyone ran into this anomoly at all before?

Thanks for your time.

Comments (1)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I have seen that happen before to another customer. I believe something with a bug in the VS.NET designer caused issues. Check out the InitializeComponent code that was generated by the designer. In the past when I saw that, the designer serialized WizardPages which aren't even part of the Wizard by doing something goofy like "new WizardPage()" throughout the InitializeComponent code and then would add those to the Wizard.Pages collection.

Let me know if that seems to be the case for you. If so, remove those extra instantiations of WizardPages since they should not be there.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.