Mis behaving Tab

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 9.2.0515
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
The tab key misbehaves when you modify a value (in my case, a string value with standard editor). It works fine if you don't modify anything: Tab moves to the next property and Shift+Tab move to the previous. But when you modify a value and press the tab key it --- will I don't know where it goes but not to the next property. If you press the tab key again, it goes to the category. Not a happy place if your property was way down the list. This only happens with categories. A property list without a category -- the tab key works fine even when modifying.

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

We tried this in our Sample Browser and it works as expected. Can you please put together a small sample project that reproduces the issue and send it over to our support address? Make sure not to include any executable files (i.e. *.dll, *.exe, etc). Or, if you are able to reproduce this with one of our samples, please indicate the exact steps we need to follow to reproduce the issue.

Actipro Software Support

This misbehavior of the Tab key happened when I used the Properties collection to build the property grid with categories. I have since switched to using ItemsSource and building the categories directly. And now the Tab key works fine.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

That is strange. We tried this in the Summary Customization QuickStart, which uses the Properties collection, with no problems. Were you using the built in editors?

Actipro Software Support

Yes. I would clear and re-add properties setting category name, If that makes a difference.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.