Breadcrumb combobox closing when editing

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Mark Benda
Version: 9.2.0515
I have a breadcrumb control that has ComboBoxStaysOpenOnEdit=true and yet the combobox closes after a click within the combobox items (after expansion). Which event is the breadcrumb control looking for to open/close the combobox? Can I get to the dropdownopened/dropdownclosed events to handle it?

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mark,

The Breadcrumb isn't actually closing the drop-down. It just uses a native WPF ComboBox with a custom style. The ComboBoxStaysOpenOnEdit property simply sets the ComboBox.StaysOpenOnEdit property, which only keeps the drop-down open when the user clicks the TextBox control in the ComboBox (not when you select something from the drop-down list).

The ComboBox.NotifyComboBoxItemMouseUp method is called by the ComboBoxItems, and is what is closing the drop-down. You may be able to add a PreviewMouseLeftButtonUp handler to the Breadcrumb for the ComboBoxItem type, and then handle the event yourself (i.e. set the selection of the associated ComboBox).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Mark Benda
Perfect! Thank you very much.
That's exactly what I was looking for.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.