Breadcrumb combobox closing when editing

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Mark Benda
Version: 9.2.0515
I have a breadcrumb control that has ComboBoxStaysOpenOnEdit=true and yet the combobox closes after a click within the combobox items (after expansion). Which event is the breadcrumb control looking for to open/close the combobox? Can I get to the dropdownopened/dropdownclosed events to handle it?

Comments (2)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mark,

The Breadcrumb isn't actually closing the drop-down. It just uses a native WPF ComboBox with a custom style. The ComboBoxStaysOpenOnEdit property simply sets the ComboBox.StaysOpenOnEdit property, which only keeps the drop-down open when the user clicks the TextBox control in the ComboBox (not when you select something from the drop-down list).

The ComboBox.NotifyComboBoxItemMouseUp method is called by the ComboBoxItems, and is what is closing the drop-down. You may be able to add a PreviewMouseLeftButtonUp handler to the Breadcrumb for the ComboBoxItem type, and then handle the event yourself (i.e. set the selection of the associated ComboBox).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Mark Benda
Perfect! Thank you very much.
That's exactly what I was looking for.
The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0681) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.