Keep indent level on newline?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 9.2.0515
Is there a property for this I missed?

When I hit enter in the syntax editor (Jscript.lang), the cursor goes all the way to the left vs. keeping the indent level of the previous line like how VS does.

Comments (4)

Well, I found a "work-around" in this thread here:

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Support/Forums/ViewForumTopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=4048#14987

Its not as smart as the VS "smart indent" (i.e. auto-incrementing / decrementing the tab levels around { }), but its close enough for government work.

Put me down as another customer who would like to see the VS style "smart indent".

[Modified at 04/12/2010 03:16 PM]
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry we don't have auto-indent implemented yet. We still need to sort out some ideas related to that and whether we want to somehow tie it into a language-specific formatter or not.

If you have any thoughts along that end, please post them. We'd love some user input in that area. We may request idea feedback in the blog once we get to that feature as well.

Actipro Software Support

Well, I only work with C++ and C# and formatting is pretty consistent between those two languages, but you might as well make it language specific like VS does.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
As far as connecting it to formatting engine, determination of the amount to auto-indent a line may be logic that should be pulled from some sort of language-specific formatting engine, which also could drive VS features like Format Document. It seems like some languages we may want it just to be easy, when you look at the previous line's tokens to determine how much to indent. In other cases, we may need to get pretty sophisticated and use AST data along with token data.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 17 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.