How to hide the AutoHide icon in the Docking view

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Ujjwal Lahoti
Version: 10.1.0520
Is it possible to hide the icon that shows on the left for LeftAutoHideWindows, which is used to expand the the auto hide menu?

What I am trying to do is, not show that icon, and expand the Window in response to a Button click or some other event. In my user interface, the icon is taking some space, which I don't want to part with. Also the icon doesn't look nice.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (7)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ujjwal,

If the ToolWindow's ImageSource property is null it should not be showing the icon.

Actipro Software Support

I think I didn't explain what I want to do clearly.

Take a look at this link: http://drop.io/4fqk58c/asset/menu-jpg

In this image, I want to get rid of "Menu" on the left. As explained in my original post, the Window titled "Menu" is AutoHideLeft window. I don't want users to see when the window is in Hide mode, and it should expand as a result of a button click (or some other event).

[Modified at 04/16/2010 02:31 PM]
If you are trying to completely hide the tabs then you would probably need to make an implicit style for AutoHideTabGroup and set its Template to be empty.

Actipro Software Support

Can you elaborate some more? If you can provide some sample code it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Something like this:
<Style TargetType="docking:AutoHideTabGroup">
    <Setter Property="Template" Value="{x:Null}" />
</Style>

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Actually I am not using AutoHideTabGroup. I am just using, a ToolWindowContainer, inside a AutoHideLeftContainers. Will your solution apply to my situation as well?

Also, can you provide an example that explains how AutoHideTabGroup, AutoHideTabItem, AutoHideTabStrip, etc are used?

Thanks,
Yes that would still apply in your example since all three of those auto-hide controls you mentioned are used as primitives behind the scenes with the auto-hide feature. So even though you aren't explicitly creating them, they are there and are what provides the UI for the auto-hide feature.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.