Lock the layout

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Ujjwal Lahoti
Is there a way to lock the layout, i.e. I don't want users to move/rearrange the docking windows? On the same lines, is there a way to prevent an autohide window to be docked?

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ujjwal,

If you set the following properties on the DockSite, you can prevent the user from moving ToolWindows around. This doesn't prevent them from resizing the ToolWindows, though.
<docking:DockSite x:Name="dockSite" CanDocumentWindowsRaft="True" CanToolWindowsAutoHide="False"
    CanToolWindowsDrag="False" CanToolWindowsRaft="False" CanToolWindowTabsDrag="False"
    CanToolWindowTabsToggleStateOnDoubleClick="False" ToolWindowsHaveOptions="False">
</docking:DockSite>
You can also optionally set CanToolWindowsClose to False, to prevent the user from closing ToolWindows. This also answers your second question. With these options set the user won't be able to unhide a ToolWindow.

[Modified at 04/21/2010 02:28 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Ujjwal Lahoti
Thanks for the reply, this works for me. Is there a way to prevent the users from ReSizing as well?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ujjwal,

Unfortunately, no, not at this time. We have a TODO item marked down for that. I've added this forum post to that TODO item, so you will be notified when it is implemented.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.