Ribbonbar & Visual Studio 2010 designtime problem

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 10.1.0515
I converted my project to visual studio 2010 and now the ribbonbar does not show the other tab content when i click on it design time to change the content. Only the first (home) is shown.

Comments (3)

strange thing is that I tell him to look into the c:\ folder as first reference.
I found out that on a network drive where a base dll is loaded, there was also a local copy of the ribbon dll.

After deleting this entry on the network drive it worked again???

Why isn't it possible to use a network drive for actipro references?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Arthur,

Visual Studio requires that design-time assemblies be located in a subfolder called "Design", which is in the same folder as the control's assembly. If you look at the Assemblies folder after installing WPF Studio, you will see that we add the Design folder with the appropriate files. If you copy the assemblies to a network drive, you'd also need to copy the Design folder.

This should work, but if it doesn't then it's really a Visual Studio issue (since it's the one looking for and loading the design-time assemblies).

Actipro Software Support

You are right!

That was the solution. Thanks!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.