PasswordBox HintText is missing

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by miky
Hi,
I'm not sure it belongs here, or the Editors forum.
I'm using ribbon:RibbonControlService.HintText for setting HintText on the standard TextBox and ComboBox but I can't find a way to set it on the PasswordBox.

Thanks in advance,
Miky

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello.

That's not something that is currently supported, but thanks for the suggestion. We'll add this to our TODO list and will notify you when it's completed.

If you wanted to do this yourself, then you would need to copy the PasswordBox Style from the Ribbon Styles. Then add support for HintText, like found in the TextBox Style.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

Just an FYI, we have added hint (aka watermark) support to our MaskedTextBox, TextBox, and PasswordBox controls, in our Editors for WPF product, in the latest release of WPF Studio. We have also released theme support for the native WPF Controls, such as ComboBox, TextBox, etc. When using our styles, you can also specify a hint.

In the current release, you'd need to use the HintProperties attached properties for our controls and the native controls (including ComboBox). In the next maintenance release, our MaskedTextBox, TextBox, and PasswordBox controls re-expose these properties for easy setting.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.