No room for tool tabs

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 10.1.0522
Is there a way to handle the case where there is not enough room to display all of the auto-hidden tool windows?
Document tabs have a menu. Is it possible to display one for tool tabs? Is there a way to shrink the tabs so that they would fit?

Comments (5)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

At the moment there doesn't appear to be a way. I'm going to add a TODO list item for when we start our round of Docking updates to add a context menu to the tabs that shows all tabs on a side and allows you to activate any of them. That's what Visual Studio does and we should have that feature too.

Actipro Software Support

Hi David,

Just fyi, we added a ContextMenu to the auto-hide tab strip, which allows you to access tabs that have overflowed. This mimics how Visual Studio works.

Just to clarify, this feature has already been released.

[Modified at 10/25/2010 02:56 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the info. I tried the 2010.2 sample browser but the auto-hide tabs still get chopped. Is this new feature not turned on in the sample?
Hi David,

As we mentioned, there is a new ContextMenu that gives you access to the tabs that are not visible. You'd need to right click in the auto-hide tab area, and select the ToolWindow you'd like to activate.

Actipro Software Support

Sorry, I didn't read your answer carefully enough. I was looking for a menu bar like all the other tab strips.
The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0681) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.