No room for tool tabs

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 10.1.0522
Is there a way to handle the case where there is not enough room to display all of the auto-hidden tool windows?
Document tabs have a menu. Is it possible to display one for tool tabs? Is there a way to shrink the tabs so that they would fit?

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

At the moment there doesn't appear to be a way. I'm going to add a TODO list item for when we start our round of Docking updates to add a context menu to the tabs that shows all tabs on a side and allows you to activate any of them. That's what Visual Studio does and we should have that feature too.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

Just fyi, we added a ContextMenu to the auto-hide tab strip, which allows you to access tabs that have overflowed. This mimics how Visual Studio works.

Just to clarify, this feature has already been released.

[Modified at 10/25/2010 02:56 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by David Sherwood
Thanks for the info. I tried the 2010.2 sample browser but the auto-hide tabs still get chopped. Is this new feature not turned on in the sample?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

As we mentioned, there is a new ContextMenu that gives you access to the tabs that are not visible. You'd need to right click in the auto-hide tab area, and select the ToolWindow you'd like to activate.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by David Sherwood
Sorry, I didn't read your answer carefully enough. I was looking for a menu bar like all the other tab strips.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.