Completion List Auto Hide?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by cowcow
Version: 10.1.0522
Hi,

In the "Completion Filtering" example, the unmatched items in the completion list will be filtered out until it shows "(no items)". Is it possible to set the list to Auto-Hide when there is no items in the list?

I tired to set the following properties, but it's not work.

Dim session As New CompletionSession()
session.CanHighlightMatchedText = True
session.CanCommitWithoutPopup = True
session.CanFilterUnmatchedItems = True

Thanks,
Cow

Comments (8)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry there isn't an option for that right now.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks.

Is it possible to put it into the enhancement list?
Yes we can add it, although in some scenarios it may not make sense to use an option like that. For instance if you are using other filters like the buttons/tabs, the list shouldn't hide in scenarios where those sorts of UI are active in the list.

Actipro Software Support

It's just an additional options to enrich the product. You have the right to choose not to use it.

It's very annoying to keep popping up with no items while the user it's typing. In VS2010, the completion list will disappear automatically when there is no items in the list. It's more user-friendly.

Thanks.
Posted 14 years ago by Andy Haines
I'm looking for some clarification to the above.

My case is the following: I'm displaying the CompletionSession as a suggestion of the possible items that the user might want to type (i.e. not the complete list of everything that's valid). For example, I might have "1abc" in the completion list but at the point where I pop up the list, just typing the number '1' might also be valid (or any number that starts with a 1). So while I want to display the auto-complete list when the user starts typing a valid item, I NEED the auto-complete list to go away once I can determine that what is typed is valid but not in the list. So in a SelectionChanged event handler on the completion session I can determine if what the user typed is valid or not and then I'd like to say something like

if (session.IsOpen && session.Selection == null)
{
session.Cancel();
// or
session.Close(true);
}

but both of those cause crashes.

Is there something I call on the SyntaxEditor (or any other way) to tell the completion session to just go away?

[Modified at 08/16/2010 02:32 PM]
Hi Andy,

You should be able to call session.Cancel() without it crashing. Maybe send us a simple sample project that shows the crash so that we can debug it and fix the problem as appropriate. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andy Haines
I have e-mailed a small example C# project showing the problem to your support address.

Thanks.
Hello,

Thank you for providing this sample to demonstrate the problem.

We have fixed this issue for the next version of SyntaxEditor.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.