Getting v2 Nag Screen after upgrading to v3

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by brianhal
I installed v3.0.0103 earlier today. After the installation process, I did the following for our existing project:

1) In VS I deleted my old reference to v2 ActiproSoftware.Wizard.dll and added a new one to the v3 one.

2) Added references to ActiproSoftware.Shared.dll and ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.dll.

3) I copied the Actipro line from the test project license.licx file into our project's .licx file. (I originally left the old v2 line in there, but later removed it completely).

4) Modified the InitializeComponents method (removing Controls.Add lines) per the v2->v3 conversion documentation

5) Cleaned up some renderer and event name changing issues.

Upon rebuilding, I am getting the About Wizard nag screen that says:
Version 2.00.0080 (Full Release) ... One license is required for EACH developer in a project that uses the component ...

We have a site license and assuming I've done the above steps correctly I'm not sure why we're getting the nag screen and why it is referencing the v2 version instead of v3.

I read through the Licensing FAQ and tried adding the dll to the common properties reference path with no luck.

I could uninstall v2 and/or remove it from the GAC, however, we have older versions of the project that are based on the v2 version and if we need to go back and fix any bugs in those releases I wanted to have access to the v2 version. I'm assuming both versions of the dll can co-exist and that we can maintain our older projects based on v2 while doing all new development in v3. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Brian

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brian,

You should be able to have both versions installed on your system. When you compile our sample project for version 3.0, what happens... do you get a popup there or does it work?

Actipro Software Support

I don't get the v2 nag screen when compiling the Actipro sample project. Obviously something with our project. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I would say run through every page in the properties of the project and make sure there aren't any pointers to folders with the old version. Also look in the project folders and see if there were any 2.0 versions moved into the bin/obj folders.

If that doesn't help you might try recreating the project file and adding in all your code files to the new project file. I have seen rare cases in the past where something in the VS.NET project kept a reference to another version and this step, although ugly, was necessary but seemed to fix it.

Actipro Software Support

Cleaning out the bin directories was the trick. Thanks for you help.

Brian
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.