System.OutOfMemoryException in FindReplace.Find

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Christer Bergström
I keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException when calling doc.FindReplace.Find method where doc is an object of Document class. The version is 4.0.273 so it is not the newest one, but according to the history lists I have not found anything relevant fixed in later releases.

My parameters seems OK to me, the only thing is that the text to find is fairly large, several hundreds characters or so.

Here is the call stack:

at System.String.Concat(String str0, String str1)
at System.String.Concat(Object arg0, Object arg1)
at r.b()
at r.a(Int32 A_0, Boolean A_1)
at r.a(Int32 A_0, Boolean A_1)
at r.a(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, CaseSensitivity A_3)
at r.b(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, CaseSensitivity A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.FindReplaceOptions.b()
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.DocumentFindReplace.a(FindReplaceOptions A_0, Int32 A_1)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.DocumentFindReplace.Find(FindReplaceOptions options, Int32 startOffset)

Can anyone explain why this occurs?

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christer,

We haven't heard of that happening and the same code for that has been in place for years. If you'd like us to look into it, please make a very simple sample project that shows the issue and email it to our support address so we can debug it. Please don't include any .exe files in the ZIP you send. And be sure to reference this post in your mail. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.