.NET Framework 4 Client Profile

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Mark Belles
Version: 3.1.0211
Does the newest version of the SyntaxEditor support targeting the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile?

I am using the Actipro SyntaxEditor in my project, and am trying to target the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, but I get the following build errors:

warning MSB3253: The referenced assembly "ActiproSoftware.Shared.Net20, Version=1.0.81.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project.

I get the same warning for "ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.Net20, Version=1.0.81.0" and "ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Net20, Version=3.1.211.0".

Comments (8)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but at this time SyntaxEditor references System.Design so it will not work with client profile.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Mark Belles
OK, thanks for the response. What about the WPF Syntax Editor? Does it support the Client Profile?

If this can be done in a future version, I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade. I'm probably going to have to find a replacement for your SyntaxEditor that supports the Client Profile.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes our WPF version should support it. We have separate design assemblies there.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Thomas Schempp
Is there an update on your plans to support .NET Client Profile with the WinForms Syntax Editor?

Client Profile is a requirement for us and I would hate to drop Syntax Editor just for this reason.

May I propose that you compile a Syntax Editor version without special design time support (meaning: without dependencies to System.Design)?

Thank you,
Thomas
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Thomas,

Yes, we have started work on a major update of the WinForms controls that will:
1) Consolidate them into a single install with the same download, licensing, sample sort of mechanism as our WPF control bundle.
2) Convert to VS 2010 projects and sample projects.
3) Remove depdendencies on System.Design in the core assemblies and move such designer functionality out to separate designer assemblies. This will allow Client Profile.
4) Other various updates that will bring the WinForms controls in line with how we do things in the newer WPF/Silverlight products.

We hope to have these updates out by the end of the year. More info will be posted on the blog once we're further along.

Actipro Software Support

That's great news, thank you!
We plan to go beta with our new version (which depends on .NET 4 Client Profile) by end of November. Any chance to get a preview or beta of the Syntax Editor update?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Maybe write us directly at our support address in late October or November and we'll see where we're at with everything at that time.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.