Posted 14 years ago by Hassan
Version: 4.0.0245
Hi !

I am creating a programming language. Here's a snippet of how it's syntax looks like:
Function GetPageSource
Accepts PageURL As String, ReportError As Condition
Let x As String = ""
Try
Return ResponseStream From PageURL
Capture Ex As Error
If ReportError
Display Ex.Message
End If
End Try
I've added the Syntax Colorizing to it. But I don't know how to add intellisense support to it. I want it to be like VB.

Like after the keyword 'As' it displays a list showing all the types.

How would I do this ??? (An easy solution would be better :p )

Regards

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Hassan,

Adding IntelliPrompt support isn't always an easy thing. What you typically have to do is create a semantic parser that builds an AST (abstract syntax tree) of your document. You can do so with our Grammar Designer or can use third party parsers such as ANTLR. Once you have an AST, you can examine that to know what functions you have available in the source, etc.

This page sums up what we did for the implementation of the .NET Languages Add-on:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/DotNet/WindowsForms/SyntaxEditor/Addons/DotNet/ImplementationDetails.aspx

If you don't know much about those terms like semantic parser and AST then you probably want to read up on those concepts. There is a lot of information on the web as to what they mean.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Hassan
Hi, I am well aware that it's not an easy task, but I just wanted to ask where can I start. I think I got the answer. I need to research on semantic parser and Grammars.

Thanks and Regards,
Hassan
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.