Enumeditbox and keyboard navigation

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Michael Rösslhumer
Version: 10.1.0523
Hi, i tried to navigate with the keyboard to an enumeditbox control. And i tried to select another enum value, but thats not possible only with the keyboard. I think the enumeditbox should offer the same keyboard navigation and selection behaviour as a normal combobox. Is there a way to achieve this goal with some settings, or is it a bug that should be fixed in the next release?
Kind regards and still waiting for a good and quick answer.

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

We have a TODO item marked down to see about having the EnumEditBox more closely mimic the ComboBox behavior. I've added this forum post to that TODO item, so you will be notified when it's completed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Thomas

Any updates on keyboard navigation for this control?

running version 12.2.570

[Modified 11 years ago]

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Thomas,

Yes, for the next maintenance release we've updated EnumPart to support ISpinnable, meaning arrow keys can be used to change values even if the drop-down is closed.  We also made a couple other minor related tweaks.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Thomas

Hello again,

I've installed the latest version(12.2.571) and the arrow keys now works for selecting a single value. I do however have another control that have an enum with flags bound to it that doesn't behave the way i want it to.

My question is if there is any way to select multiple values only using only the arrow keys? I know I can select multiple values by typing them in the text box and if i click inside the drop down it's possible to navigate between the values and select them with the space key.
So basically what i want is to be able to move the keyboard focus to the dropdown list when it is opened or by pressing a key or a key combination. Is there any property or flag i can set to achive this behavior ?

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Thomas,

Sorry but no, there isn't currently a way to get focus into the drop-down by keyboard alone.  You could possibly override OnKeyDown in the EnumEditBox and call the base method.  If you detect the Alt+Down arrow press, then try and get a reference to the Popup (it's a protected-level property) and focus its content.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.