Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by (Anonymous)
Version: 10.1.0523
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Steps:
- Set a Toolwindow on auto-hide at the right side of the Docksite
- Mouse over the Toolwindow to display it
- Open the ToolWindow menu (Float, Dock and etc...)

In the last step, if the user isn't fast enough, the opening Menu will make the auto-hide ToolWindow hide again, probably because the mouse cursor isn't directly over the toolwindow anymore. It is probably because the menu disturbs the hit-testing.

I expect the toolwindow to not hide when opening the menu.

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Alexandre,

We have a TODO item for this issue, and will notify you when it's completed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Clemens Schmuck

Hello there!! 

Is this fixed yet? I have the similar problem with a different setup.

I have a Tool window which hosts a prism view. Inside the view i have a tree which has context menu. When i rightclick the context menu appears and the tool window looses focus and then it hides itself. Now I want this to not hide when/until the menu is closed.

Regards,

Clemens

[Modified 10 years ago]

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Clemens,

The way the mouse hover code works now is that while the mouse is over the tab or the tool window flyout, it won't hide the flyout.  But if the mouse goes outside of the flyout, such as in a context menu that goes beyond the bounds of the flyout, it will likely close after the auto hide delay.

You could probably work around this if you focus yoru TreeView control in its ContextMenuOpening event.  That way, focus will reside in the tool window and it won't be allow to close based on mouse move activity.  Maybe you could even handle the ContextMenuClosing event and if you stored a flag in the related ContextMenuOpening event that you had to focus the control, then move focus elsewhere or force a deactivate of the auto-hide flyout.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Clemens Schmuck

Dear person from support,

The possible solution you gave does not work! First of all when the context menu is open tree does not loose focus. And also the mouse cursor is not moved away. When I right click the context menu is open and then obviously a teeviewitem is selected, therefore focus moves to the tree view item and the tool window looses focus. and hence starts collasping.. 

I need a solution that works globally for all the trees and with prism. I have an attached behaviour, so if necessary i can hook something there. I donot have the ToolWindow, because of the nature of MVVM.

I tried the provided solution to focus the tree. But again the tree is in focus, looks like the tool window looses focus on tree getting focus and hence dissappears.

Regards,

Clemens

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Clemens,

Not all controls focus themselves on right click, but in this case, you said TreeView does.  It would be best if you send us a new simple sample project showing the issue so we can work with and debug the exact problem scenario.  Please make up a simple repro project (ideally without MVVM/Prism so that we can see exactly what core the problem is) and we will see what we can find.  Make sure you rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked and email it to our support address.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.