Getting started project

SyntaxEditor for Silverlight Forum

Posted 14 years ago by David Gwyer
Version: 10.1.0101
Hi,

As someone very new to using the syntax editor it would be hugely helpful to have a sample starter standalone project. It is hard for a newbie to separate the code from the full sample browser. Such things as including the correct assemblies and references would be great.

All I need to get started is a simple text editor with line numbers using the PHP language. Would it be possible to post a sample project to do this?

Thanks,

David

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion. The "SyntaxEditor Reference / Assemblies and Add-on Licensing" documentation topic will tell you which assemblies you need.

After adding refs to those, just drop a SyntaxEditor in your UI and you can use one of the methods in our "Language Creation Guide / Loading a Language Definition (.langdef File)" topic to load a sample .langdef file such as PHP.

We'll try and add another QuickStart soon that is bare bones like this too.

Actipro Software Support

Hi David,

Just wanted to let you know that in the upcoming 2010.2 version of Silverlight Studio (due any day now) we have completely rewritten our Getting Started series from scratch, making a start-to-finish sample of building a syntax language. We start with simplistic loading a .langdef file and then layer on features later on like parsing, code outlining, automated IntelliPrompt, etc. I believe there are 17 parts to the new detailed Getting Started series.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by David Gwyer
Hi,

That's great news. I have been looking at the WPF Studio syntax highlighter too, have you rewritten those Getting Started guides too. That would be awesome to have both guides with in-depth documentation. Thanks again for letting me know!

David
Yes the 2010.2 release of WPF Studio added the same Getting Started series. The 2010.2 Silverlight Studio adds a couple more new steps in the series that will also appear in the next WPF Studio build.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 5 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.