MonthCalendar range spanning months

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by John Dunn
Version: 10.1.0523
Is it possible to select a range of dates with the MonthCalendar and have it span months? I'm just playing with the Sample Browser - I have Selection Mode = Range and if I click on 8/25 and then shift click on 8/27 I select 8/25-8/27 as expected. If I click on 8/25 and then then shift click on 9/27 it only selects 9/25-9/27. If I shift click on 9/20 ( expecting to select 8/25-9/20 ) I end up selected 9/20-9/25.

The WPF Toolkit Calendar behaves in a different and equally broken manner. If I select 8/25 and then 9/27 I end up selected 9/1-9/27.

I'd like the MonthCalendar to behave like the Windows 7 Explorer date filter where you can easily select a date range that spans across month boundaries. Am I missing an option that will enable this?

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John,

Currently, the MonthCalendar will allow you to select a range that spans months if you use Shift+Page Up/Down. If you using the next/previous arrows in the calendar title bar, however it will not allow you to extend the current selection. It effectively, moves the "anchor" up 1 month.

We've updated the MonthCalendar, so that if you hold down Shift while clicking the next/previous arrows it will not move the "anchor" date. So as long as you hold down Shift, you can navigate around the MonthCalendar and keep the same "anchor" date. This includes when pressing the "Today" button/link, and when zooming out to the year/decade/century views and drilling back in. This change only applies if you are using the Extended or Range selection modes.

Actipro Software Support

Is there a reason why you want to move the anchor date? As far as I can tell the calendar in the Windows 7 Explorer does not work this way and seems to work exactly how I would expect. I'm pretty sure my users would not know to hold down shift when clicking next/previous if I never thought of doing so.
Hi John,

We've updated it work more like the Windows Explorer calendar's range selection. So the "anchor" date changes when you click a day without holding down shift. Then as long as you hold shift when clicking another date, it will simply update the range from the previous anchor.

Actipro Software Support

Fantastic. Will this be included in the next maintenance release?
Hi John,

It will be included in WPF Studio 2010.2, which is due out sometime in September.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.