Styling a Property

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Eli Obadia
Version: 10.1.0523
From all the properties I have the are around 3 of then that are the ones than commonly the users will be changing I would like to make them easier to recognize, how can I make them look different, for instance how can I change the background of those 3 properties that are the "most important" for the end user?

Thanks,
Eli

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eli,

You can use an implicit Style for the PropertyGridDataAccessorItem type, which includes one or more triggers. In the example below, we are looking for a specific property (i.e. Text), but you can customize this as needed.
<propgrid:PropertyGrid.Resources>
    <Style TargetType="{x:Type propgrid:PropertyGridDataAccessorItem}">
        <Style.Triggers>
            <MultiDataTrigger>
                <MultiDataTrigger.Conditions>
                    <Condition Binding="{Binding DataAccessorType, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}}" Value="Property" />
                    <Condition Binding="{Binding ValueName, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}}" Value="Text" />
                </MultiDataTrigger.Conditions>
                <Setter Property="Background" Value="Pink" />
            </MultiDataTrigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
    </Style>
</propgrid:PropertyGrid.Resources>
You could build a custom IValueConverter that takes a IPropertyDataAccessor and returns true (the property should be highlighted) or false (the property should not be highlighted). To do this, you'd use something like "{Binding DataContext, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Converter={StaticResource MyConverter}}" and change the value to "true".

Alternatively, you could simply return a Brush from your custom IValueConverter and bind the Background property directly. You'd replace with the MultiDataTrigger with a Trigger (with Property="DataAccessorType" Value="Property") and a single Setter that binds the Background like show in the previous paragraph. The benefit of this, is you can easily highlight various properties with different colors.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Eli Obadia
Great!
Thanks a lot,
Eli
The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0675) was released 8 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.