How to disable focus (tabbing) on whole Ribbon?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Daniel
Version: 10.1.0521
Hi ActiPro Team,

I want to disable the focus (tabbing) on the whole ribbon. Most of the Ribbon isn't really a problem. Just set IsTabStop/Focusable Property to false.
Now the main-issue is the Application Button, which is still focusable/reachable with tab. (We want to stay on the mask with tabbing).
I tried to set IsTabStop/Focusable to false everywhere (Ribbon, Ribbon.ApplicationMenu, RibbonWindow)
We also use the RibbonWindow instead of a normal Window.

Question: How can I remove the focus on the Application Button? Better would be a Property on the Ribbon Control, which removed whole fokus of all inner controls(for example textboxes are also still focusable through tab, but we don't use any in the ribbon)

Thank you for you Support!,

Ynas

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ynas,

If you are having to go through all this trouble, I'm thinking you didn't set up focus correctly in your app. The Ribbon is in a different focus scope, similar to how toolbars are. That means they shouldn't get focus via tabbing as long as you have some sort of focusable control in your main Window content that contains focus. So when documents are closed, just ensure that something has focus there and the Ribbon should never get focus via tabbing.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.