Validation.ErrorTemplate not visible on pages 2..n (!= 1)

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Markus Springweiler
Version: 10.1.0523
When I switch wizard pages (AeroWizard) then validation errors which already should be active are not visible:
Only after having entered valid data once and changing the data to become invalid afterwards shows the Validation.ErrorTemplate adorner -- switching then back to page 1 (without changing anything) and again back to page 2 the adorner is missing again.

Is this a general WPF bug or something wizard specific?

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Markus,

All Wizard essentially does is cycle content through a ContentPresenter similar to how a TabControl works. The only difference is that it applies animations to the content. I'm not aware of anything we're doing that would interact with validation errors though.

You could test if it was a WPF thing by adding a ContentControl to your Window then assigning it some content to be your page 1 and a button that will toggle to another page 2 content (with validation errors). Have the toggle button toggle between the two content items and see if it occurs.

If it doesn't happen there, maybe email us and we can work with you further to narrow down what's causing it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Markus Springweiler
It even happens using a TabControl.

According to Karl I wrapped the wizardpage contents inside an <AdornerDecorator> and now it works. [But I hate this unnecessary indentation in xaml -- would it cause any side effects when the wizard would inject this into the visual tree automatically?]
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Markus,

I don't believe there would be any bad side effects by doing this.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.