How to change the File Tab label?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by JerryLia
hello,
I am trying your product,I want to design a RibbonWindow and want to change the [File] tab label to be name "Test" and so on,but I cannot find out how to change it!

the link show what i want:
the tab is marked

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jerry,

The File text comes from a string resource called UIApplicationButtonLabelText. You can view our documentation on string resources and/or use the String Resource Browser to customize that text at application startup.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Leighton Haynes
Hi,
We internationalize our UI at run time (they can change the language on the fly). Your documentation on string resources says that the resource must be updated before the UI classes are referenced. Is there any way to update this label at run time?

Regards,
Leighton Haynes.
Sorry for my bad English,I cannot understand what you mean ,I also cannot find out how to set UIApplicationButtonLabelText .Could you give me some sample codes?

Not like Dev WPF Ribbon control which just can change it easily with ApplicationButtonText property,but I think that your WPF controls are better than dev's,when I finish my demo application,I will think about buying your Studio.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jerry,

In the current and past builds, you can execute this line of code before the UI is loaded to change the application button text:
ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SRName.UIApplicationButtonLabelText.ToString(), "Test");
Making this label updatable dynamically at run-time (like we allow with image source now) is something we've had on our TODO list. We added a new Ribbon.ApplicationButtonLabel property for the next build and updated the Application Button Content QuickStart to show it off.

[Modified at 10/06/2010 08:54 AM]

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for your reply,now it goes perfectly!

Looking for your next build!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.