TextBox cannot show its label!

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by JerryLia
hi,I have met another problem which the textbox cannot show its label except that is located in a stackpanel,but when I locate textbox in a stackpanel,it can not be stretched! please see the sceenshot as followed!

Click here to see the sceen shot

<ribbon:StackPanel  Grid.Column="3" Grid.Row="1" Width="Auto" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" 
                                                   ItemVariantBehavior="MediumThenSmallWhenSmall">
     <ribbon:TextBox Name="txYear" Label="统计年份:" MinWidth="30" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" 
               Height="Auto"  Margin="0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VariantSize="Medium" 
               VerticalContentAlignment="Center" HorizontalContentAlignment="Left" MinHeight="18" />
</ribbon:StackPanel>

Comments (1)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jerry,

Ribbon TextBoxes by design only render labels in a StackPanel (I believe the StackPanel actually is what draws it) and are not meant to be stretchable. They are designed to work through variant sizes as a containing Ribbon is sized larger or smaller.

You have a lot of properties in your code sample that the ribbon controls will not work well with. Note that if you are trying to add a label to a TextBox and have the ribbonish style, just use a normal Label or TextBlock control for the label portion and use a regular WPF TextBox. We provide ribbon-like styles you can apply to native controls such as TextBox. See our "Styles for Core WPF Controls" QuickStart for a sample.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0675) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.