Save Dock Window layout to db and reload for other session.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by thongnguyen
Hi. I need to save my dock-window layout of a number of docking:DocumentWindow to database for creating a collection of layouts. When I restart my application and choose a layout from database, I want it automatic create a set of windows which have the same layout I've chosen in database.

With your quick start "AutoCreationLayout", I just can restore my layout if it still exist. If I close a window, it cannot restore the layout of closed window.

Do you have any resolution ?

[Modified at 10/11/2010 08:07 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking. If you restore a previously saved layout, the auto-creation feature allows you to create DocumentWindows or ToolWindows that don't currently exist before their layouts are restored. We also offer a lazy-loading feature, which will save the layout out information until you manually create the associated DocumentWindow or ToolWindow.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by thongnguyen
I've already loaded the layout of DockingWindow from db to my application.
My current DockSite include DockWindows & ToolWindows. When I load DockingWindows from db to DockSite, I want it only change DockWindows, not the ToolWindows. How can I do that ?
Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

You cannot currently save/restore only the MDI area/documents of the DockSite. You can only save/restore the ToolWindows or the entire layout. I've marked down a TODO item to add this feature in the future.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.