NotifyParent set focus to parent item after child was edited

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by pgenfer
Version: 10.2.0531
Hallo,

I encountered a problem when using the NotifyParentProperty. It seems like when this property is set to "true", the focus will automatically move to the parent property after the child property was edited.
For example, if you have the following object (I customed the demo in the Sample browser to reproduce this issue):

public class ChildObject 
{
    private double willNotify = 1.0;
    private double willNotNotify = -1.0;
}
If you now use a DoublePropertyEditor to edit the "willNotify" value via a spin control, it is not possible to press and hold the mouse button (or use the "Up" key) to constantly increase the value, because the focus will always move to the parent grid item ("Child"). So you always have to press the mouse button again to increase the value.

Is there any possibilty for me to change this behavior so that the user can press and hold the mouse button and the value will change constantly while this change will also be reflected by the parent item?

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Patric

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Patric,

This is a known issue. NotifyParentPropertyAttribute tells the parent property to "refresh", which includes rebuilding the children properties and their visuals. We have a TODO item marked down to see about adding a work around, but we have several other higher priority items ahead of it. I've added this forum post to that TODO item, so you will be notified when it's fixed or a workaround is found.

Currently, you would probably need to use a binding that doesn't push the value back immediately

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.