Selecting an item in a ComboBox causes deactivation

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Johannes Hermanrud
Version: 10.2.0532
I have a UserControl with a ComboBox in it. The UserControl is shown in a DocumentWindow. When I click in the UserControl I get a WindowActivated event from the dock site as expected. When I open the Combobox in the UserControl and select an item I get a WindowDeactivated event from the dock site. Is this the correct behaviour? I would think that the UserControl is still active?

If I instead show a popup context menu in the UserControl I do not get the WindowDeactivated event.

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Johannes,

The activation is based on the keyboard focus, so if the focus is being moved somewhere outside the window, then it would fire a WindowDeactived event.

If you can put together a small sample project and email it over to our support address, then we can take a closer look.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by brette esterbrooks

We are have this same issue. A combobox inside the view, cause the host view to be deactivate and the reactivated. Would be great to fix this so I dont have to hack around it.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brette,

Please make sure you try the latest version's (currently 2014.2) maintenance release on our web site to ensure the issue is still there and hasn't been fixed.  If so, and if you'd like to make a simple project that shows the issue so that we can debug it, please reference this thread and email it to our support address.  Make sure you rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.