Posted 20 years ago by Mark - Greenville, SC
I have an image for my tool windows, and they show when the windows are pinned, but when I unpin, and just have the 'Tab' to the left, I see the image/text for the 'current' toolwindow, but would like to see the Image for the other tool windows in the group, similar to how Visual Studio does when you unpin multiple tool windows in a group. Not sure if I am explaining it well, but basically, I see my 2 tabs to the left, and the active tab shows the Text and Image, but the other is just a small tab with no image or text showing, unless I hover over it and select it.

Any thoughts?

Comments (6)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mark, it should be displaying the images only on the non-selected tab. Are you using a different size image perhaps? Does it work correctly in our test application as what you'd expect?

Actipro Software Support

Hmmmm...it does work as I would expect in the Sample Application. Can you point me to the code where this is handled (setting the images, I guess). I probably have to set the image somewhere else? I have the image show when it is PINNED, and when it is the ACTIVE tab on the left side, but the other window images don't show.

THanks,
Mark
Just set an ImageList to the DWManager in the designer and put 16x16 images in it. Then when you create tool windows, give the ImageIndex.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks...I was just looking at the Sample Application, and that is what it looked like. I am loading the images dynamic at runtime. Is there any way to do that and get it to work as expected, or does it have to be in an imageList and referenced at Designed time?

Mark
Yes right now loading dynamic images is a shortcoming. We're working on a major redesign of the docking controls in which that sort of thing isn't a problem. In the meantime you'd probably have to tie it to an ImageList, swap in a new image to replace the old one and repaint the form.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, thanks for the update. That is what I will do for now.
The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.