How can I preserve the layout state of a closed toolwindow?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 10.2.0532
I have an application that extensively uses the docking library to display tool windows. Although I can generally serialize the tool window's positions correctly, the one lingering problem I have is with closed tool windows.

For example, imagine dragging a docked tool window outside of the application window, so it becomes a floating tool window. When I close my application and re-run it, the tool window appears as a floating tool window exactly where it was before.

However, if I do the same thing but then close the tool window, and then close the application, I don't get this behavior. Instead, the next time I activate the tool window, the tool window is back to being docked in its default position. Is there a way for the activated tool window to return to its previous opened position across application runs?

Note that I am using user settings to persist the layout across application runs. Additionally, I thought the LazyLoad behavior might be helpful here, but it didn't seem to be. I'm sending a code sample along that demonstrates the problem; it's based on the persistence sample in the Actipro samples browser.

Thanks,

-Craig

[Modified at 11/27/2010 09:50 PM]

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

Thanks for reporting this issue and the sample application. We've corrected this issue for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.