Trial Popup Error when using SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
Version: 10.2.0532
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Cannot perform this operation while dispatcher processing is suspended.

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.Show()
at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
at ActiproSoftware.Products.AssemblyInfo.ShowLicenseWindow(ActiproLicense license)
at ActiproSoftware.Products.ActiproLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
at ActiproSoftware.Products.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditorLicenseToken..ctor(Object owner)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnLoaded(Object A_0, RoutedEventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I presume this is something you need to fix. I can't tell if this will actually be more efficient in my project if the Demo kills my main UI thread this way.

You need to check if Dispatcher is suspended

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1611863/how-can-i-detect-if-dispatcher-disableprocessing-is-active

or queue the action by doing a Dispatcher.BeginInvoke.

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That's odd, we've never heard of that happening. Are you opening SyntaxEditor in an alternate thread or something?

But regardless, the license popup isn't displayed once you purchase licenses for the product.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
I am not launching from another thread. I do have a Loading Form that shows first, but does not have any Actipro software in it. Before the main Form loads (with the actipro stuff) I get the trial popup and it is blank, all white. The window is there with no controls. This causes the first exception. When i click OK on that exception my main form loads, also blank, all white. This causes a second exception, same as the first.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

We tried tests using BeginInvoke however that crashed the application so unfortunately we can't really make any changes for this.

If you want to make a very simple sample project that shows the issue, you can email it to our support address. Please keep it as small as possible so that it just shows the issue and don't include any .exe files in the ZIP. Also rename the ZIP to make sure it doesn't get spam blocked.

Again though, once you purchase licenses for the control this will be a non-issue since the dialog will never show.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.