custom property editor

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
I created a custom property editor that uses the AnimatedExpander to display the text string. So it will expand to display multi line text.

I would like the header to just show just the first line of this text.
Is there anyway I could do this in the xaml header binding below? Get a substring of of text - first line of text for the header.

I tested below with no header specified and it works fine. Now I would like header to show first line of text. This works but shows entire text in header.

<shared:AnimatedExpander ExpandDirection="Down" Header="{Binding ElementName=textBox, Path=Text}">

<TextBox x:Name="textBox" Margin="0" Padding="0" BorderThickness="0" Background="Transparent" MinLines="1" AcceptsReturn="True"
Text="{Binding ValueAsString, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type propgridPrimitives:IPropertyDataAccessor}}, Mode=TwoWay, ValidatesOnExceptions=True, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True, NotifyOnValidationError=True, Converter={StaticResource NoOpConverter}}" />

</shared:AnimatedExpander>

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mary,

You would have to build a custom IValueConverter and use that in your Binding. The converter would take the first line of test and/or trim as needed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.