Programmatically setting X and Y of an embedded TextBlock

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by 7Alpha7
Hi,

sorry for this stupid question but I am a neewbie on WPF and I cannot figure out how to set the X and Y dependency properties of an embedded TextBloc in a Gauge.

For example if I have something like :

<gauge:DigitalGauge x:Name="gauge" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Value="200"
                            CharacterCount="10" Foreground="Cyan" Background="Black" CharacterPadding="10,0" BackgroundType="RoundedRectangleLightGradient"
                        RimType="RoundedRectangleLightGradient" CharacterType="DotMatrix5By7Rectangle">
        <gauge:DigitalGauge.Items>
            <TextBlock x:Name="textBlock" gauge:DigitalGauge.X="0" gauge:DigitalGauge.Y="0" Text="Hello"
                                    FontFamily="Courier New" Foreground="WhiteSmoke" FontSize="20" />
        </gauge:DigitalGauge.Items>

</gauge:DigitalGauge>
How can I set the TextBlock DigitalGauge.X and DigitalGauge.Y properties in the code behind ?

I tried something like
textBlock.GetValue(gauge.X)
but it said that gauge.X is not a dependency property, and something static like DigitalGauge.X does not exists...

Thank you.

[Modified at 01/16/2011 11:59 AM]

Comments (5)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

gauge.X is a CLR property wrapper for a DependencyProperty named XProperty. When referring to DependencyProperty(s), you need to use the class name that has the property, not the instance name. The syntax should read something like this:

textBlock.SetValue(DigitalGauge.XProperty, new Unit(100));

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for your reply,

unfortunately I have tried already this piece of code and the compiler says something like : "DigitalGauge has no definition for XProperty"

ActiproSoftware.Gauge.Wpf351.dll version 10.2.531.0
ok, sorry, I have called my UserControl DigitalGauge also and I was trying to find the XProperty on it. I just have to qualifiate the rigth type... ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Gauge.DigitalGauge
Well, I have still troubles with that. In design mode it works; I have a DigitalGauge that I use in a application hosting the Form designer. Once I change the X and Y properties in my app design mode, calling behind the Set / GetValue stuff, it works and I can see the label moving. But at runtime, when I instantiate the DigitalGauge with the specific X and Y such designed, the label remains centered.

I have to say that I have already seen troubles with the label positionning, even though it was only set in the xml file (before I wanted to add the X and Y design abilities). Its works well in Visual Studio design mode but as soon as I run the code, the textBlock does not remains at the expected place.

(I must add that I use the gauge through windows form interop for visualization, but I cannot see why it would make any difference)
Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I see you posted a separate questionon this issue, so I'll address it there.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 16 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.