category defined for child objects

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
I have a parent object that contains a collection of child objects.
I am using ExpandableObjectConverter.

When I expand a child object in the parent collection, the child's property items are displayed, but not the categories for the child object. If I displayed the property grid of just an instance of a child object as the selected object the categories of the child are displayed.

Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks,
Mary

Comments (5)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mary,

That is correct. Categories are only currently displayed for root level properties. This behavior mimics how the Visual Studio PropertyGrid works.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Sterren Latsky - Software Engineer, GL Garrad Hassan

I have the same problem. I have a root node in the property grid that defines what properties are available, and all other properties are children of that node. This means that I cannot categorise the properties any longer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21044234/Actipro/Data%20Loader_2013-05-20_08-56-10.png

Is there any way to get the sub-properties to be categorised?

Thanks, Sterren

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sterren,

Sorry but expandable categorization can only be done at the root level.  The only way to do sub-property categorization would be to do what it looks like you are already doing, by using ExpandableObjectConverter.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Sterren Latsky - Software Engineer, GL Garrad Hassan

I found a work-around. Effectively, I use one property grid for the derived class selection, and the other is bound to the selected class properties.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21044234/Actipro/Data%20Loader_2013-05-22_10-06-52.png

Butting them together makes them look like a continuous property grid, except for the help section in between. Is there a way to disable this help section?

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sterren,

Sorry for the late reply.  Yes, you can set IsSummaryVisible = false to hide that portion of the PropertyGrid.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.