category defined for child objects

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
I have a parent object that contains a collection of child objects.
I am using ExpandableObjectConverter.

When I expand a child object in the parent collection, the child's property items are displayed, but not the categories for the child object. If I displayed the property grid of just an instance of a child object as the selected object the categories of the child are displayed.

Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks,
Mary

Comments (5)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mary,

That is correct. Categories are only currently displayed for root level properties. This behavior mimics how the Visual Studio PropertyGrid works.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Sterren Latsky - Software Engineer, GL Garrad Hassan

I have the same problem. I have a root node in the property grid that defines what properties are available, and all other properties are children of that node. This means that I cannot categorise the properties any longer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21044234/Actipro/Data%20Loader_2013-05-20_08-56-10.png

Is there any way to get the sub-properties to be categorised?

Thanks, Sterren

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sterren,

Sorry but expandable categorization can only be done at the root level.  The only way to do sub-property categorization would be to do what it looks like you are already doing, by using ExpandableObjectConverter.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Sterren Latsky - Software Engineer, GL Garrad Hassan

I found a work-around. Effectively, I use one property grid for the derived class selection, and the other is bound to the selected class properties.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21044234/Actipro/Data%20Loader_2013-05-22_10-06-52.png

Butting them together makes them look like a continuous property grid, except for the help section in between. Is there a way to disable this help section?

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sterren,

Sorry for the late reply.  Yes, you can set IsSummaryVisible = false to hide that portion of the PropertyGrid.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.