DateTimeEditBox date editing

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Aleksander Brzozowski
Version: 10.2.0532
What is expected behaviour on change date in DateTimeEditBox, when "Drop Down Window" is opened?

Because, sometimes after date changing in "drop down window", this window is closed, and sometimes is stil opened, while close button is not pressed.

I have window, where create DateTimeEditBox dynamically :

DateTimeEditBox dtInTime = new DateTimeEditBox();
dtInTime.Margin = new Thickness(5);
dtInTime.MinWidth = 120;
Binding b = new Binding("ObligeFrom");
b.UpdateSourceTrigger = UpdateSourceTrigger.PropertyChanged;
b.Mode = BindingMode.TwoWay;
b.NotifyOnValidationError = true;
PeriodValidation period_validation = new PeriodValidation(this.channel, data_source);//my validation
 b.ValidationRules.Add(period_validation);
 dtInTime.SetBinding(ActiproEditors.DateTimeEditBox.ValueProperty, b);
dt_stack_panel.Children.Add(dtInTime);//my panel
BindingExpression be = dtInTime.GetBindingExpression(ActiproEditors.DateTimeEditBox.ValueProperty);
be.UpdateTarget();//refreshing because this part of code is invoked many times
be.UpdateSource();//to automatic invoked validation
Is bug or something else?

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Aleksander,

For the default drop-down content, it depends on what format you are using. It looks like you are using the default format, so it should show a MonthCalendar and an AnalogClock (since both the date and time are present in the DateTimeEditBox). In this case, selecting a date with the mouse does not close the drop-down, since the user may still need to enter a time.

If your format only shows a date, then only a MonthCalendar is shown in the drop-down. In this scenario, selecting a date with the mouse will also close the drop-down.

If you can put together a complete sample that reproduces any issues you see and email it over, then we can take a closer look.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Aleksander Brzozowski
Thanks for reply,
I`m using default format (monthCalendar and AnalogClock).
However sometimes after selecting date with mouse the drop down content is closed.

I`ll put sample i further time.

BR
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.