Question

Gauge ranges label : need not integer values

Posted 7 years ago by Avatar 7Alpha7
Hello,

I have a linear gauge. Say I want to bind it to a length measured in meters. The maximum is 1.2 meters and the minimum is zero. If I choose 0,2 as majorInterval and 0,05 as minor interval the tick marks are ok but the labels are either 0 or 1. I would expect to see the labels display not integer values according to the maximum - minimum and the intervals.

Or did I miss something ?

Of course I could change the unit from meter to cm but it's not what is expected. The values should be displayed in meters.

[Modified at 02/24/2011 05:21 PM]

[Modified at 02/24/2011 05:21 PM]

Comments (4)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

You would need to set the RoundMode to None and may need to tweak the TextFormat to only show 1 decimal place after the '.'. The TextFormat follows the rules for formatting Numeric values in .NET.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 7 years ago by 7Alpha7
Ok, thank you I'll try that. It's true it appeared to me a bit strange that you would not have thought about it !

[Modified at 02/24/2011 05:23 PM]
Posted 11 months ago by Manny Setegn

I was having a very similar problem and couldn't find the RoundMode Property anywhere? Could you point me in the right direction?

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Manny,

It's on LinearTickLabelBase and CircularTickLabelBase so classes like LinearTickLabel* and CircularTickLabel* have it.

Actipro Software Support
Information The latest build of this product (2018.1 build 0670) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add a Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.